Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Bitter Loss

Chris and Will Crawford gave it their all, but they still lost to Kenyan runner Robert K. Cheruiyot, who claimed his third Boston victory, with an unofficial time of 2:14:12.
~
Cheruiyot said shortly after his hard won victory," I knew that the Crawford Brothers were in the race and had been training since December. It weighed heavily on my mind and I thank God that I was able to defeat these formidable competitors."
~
The Crawfords were uncharacteristically bitter in their remarks.
~
"Cheruiyot had a big head start over us, and that was our major impediment to running him down", said Chris. "
~
"Yeah, He sucks! If we started when he did, we would have kicked his Ass", Will added.
~
Some bystanders were appalled at the lack of sportsmanship exhibited by the talented siblings, but this reporter disagrees.
~
They have a right to be bitter.
~
The laurel wreath should have been theirs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sit next to Chris at work. Kudos to his and Will's accomplishment. Today, he is like a frail old man that cannot get out of his chair. but can you blame him?

Anonymous said...

Hey J,

In case you were wondering I ran in 3:08:12. Much better than the first time I ran. I also had to call in sick to work the next day because I couldn't move my legs and was hungover from my celebratory cocktails.

-mcmahon