Sunday, January 01, 2017

2017 Resolutions

2017 is finally here.

My intuition says that it will be an epic year.  Lots of stuff that I have been planning seem to be manifesting this year.

So there is nothing like New Year's Day to kick the new year off right.

And after numerous requests by Pesky Peeps to reveal my Resolutions, I have reluctantly decided to comply.

1.  Lose 1 pound a week for the next 52 weeks.

How will this occur, you may skeptically ask?  Especially since I have made such claims before and failed miserably?

This year, I will get on the Cybex and pedal a burn everyday for at least 20 minutes.   Yes, 20 Minutes to work up a sweat and raise my metabolism before I take my daily shower.   This is not impressive, but it is a lot better than letting the Cybex sit not pedaled for months at a whack.

And I will also get into a pattern of lifting the Olympic weights with the 5x5 routine three times a week.

And finally, I plan to do a juice fast two day cleanse at least once every month.

So, when I sit here 52 weeks from now posting into this pathetic Blog, I will be 52 lbs lighter.  How much will I weigh?  Not for full disclosure, but it will still be over 200 lbs, and the process will have to continue into 2018.  But I'll be able to wear all of the pants in my closet.

Which brings me to my next Resolution.

2.  Get rid of the clutter.

Yes, Peeps.  I admit that I can lapse into a bit of a hoarder.  Holding onto stuff and claiming it will be useful to the point where a lot of junk starts to pile up.  This year will be the year to file or box everything away.... clothes, tools, and records.   And it it doesn't fit, or I don't use it , I am tossing it.   What the Hell.... I live less than a quarter mile from the Marblehead Dump anyway.

And the Next Resolution.


3. Finish the Chamberlain Marblehead Gunning Dory in time to get some serious Blues and Striper fishing in this summer.

Tempus Fugit Peeps.   The MOAM is running out of summers and it is time to make the most of each one.

And the Final Resolution,

4.  Lay off of arguments with people on social media.

It may surprise you to know that I realize that I am a thick skinned Irishman who doesn't know to how to call it quits sometimes.... especially when I think I am in the right,  And as my old Boss, Ed Calnan, used to say...."I hate to fight until I get into a fight.... then I love it."   Growing up in Lynn and being used to verbal abuse makes me always ready to enjoy a good argument.  But not everybody does and I resolve to back off more often because words can hurt, especially on Facebook where people can't see that you are not as crazy as your posts indicate.

So those are my resolutions this year.
They all seem attainable.

No comments: