Saturday, December 19, 2015

Dump and Deep PC Do Do

 I like the Dump. I purposefully do not put my trash out for curbside pickup so I can take it to the Dump. 

People in Marblehead look very humble at the Dump. Doing their duty.... so to speak.   In this Town, they call the Dump the Marblehead Transfer Station.  But I'm not at a "Station".... I'm at the Dump, and I'm not "Transferring" trash.... I'm Dumping it.

I like the guys and ladies who work at the Dump too. They are either really grouchy or have a great sense of humor. I suppose those are appropriate defense mechanisms if your job is working at the dump. 

I once met up with Judy Goodman at the dump who said "What's the matter? Haven't your ever seen a Jew go to the Dump?" Even though I've spent many happy times with her and her husband Bobby Goodman at the Murray's house during their annual Christmas Eve Party,  I know that Judy and Bobby are Jewish..... with absolutely no idea how this demographic info was actually initially communicated.

I'm sure that I must have seen Jews at the Dump, because I've seen hundreds of people there, and I can't tell the difference between a Jew or a Gentile, unless it is one of those Hassidic Jews with the funny hats and curley hair.  Chances are that a lot of the people there were Jewish that I saw during my many visits from year to year.

 Not sure why Judy said that to me, but I thought it was pretty funny at the time. 

Do you think someone will think I am Anti-Semitic for telling this story?   KMA if you do.  

For some reason, I have a feeling in my gut that this is the type of post that can come back and bite me in the ass.   That PC Police are waiting to pounce on anyone who writes anything about an ethnic demarcation, designation or phrase.   

 I mean, Judy said it, and it was funny.  And now I can say that I have for certain. 

But all I started to mention in this post was that I went to the Dump today...   Now I'm in Deep PC Do Do.

Next time Judy, just throw your trash into the Dump and stop trying to mess with me.  

No comments: