Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Blessed Life

It's four PM, and this Father's Day is in the books.

I have to say, one of the most satisfying that this Mountain of a Man has experienced in the last thirty eight years or so.

With two sons, a daughter, and three grandsons in play, I feel that I have met the eligibility criteria quite handily.  And it is a big plus that we have them all married off (or almost) to some great additions to the family.

Katelyn and Brady gave me a great mounted photograph of Grandson Connor Boyle, and Mike and Pam came through with a bottle of  Lagavulin 16 year Single Malt Scotch, which you may be reminded is the King of Scotch in this humble MOAM's opinion.
Then Ryan and Kim along with Grandsons Will and Ethan presented me with another bottle of the King,
It was a double whammy of Single Malt Speyside goodness, and the kind sentiments will be remembered well after the last drops have been drained and savored and I see the likeness of Connor smiling down from the fireplace mantel.  Feeling truly Blessed.
I hope all of my paternal brethren had as fine a day  as well,

No comments: