Sunday, April 14, 2013

Nice Days Work

This morning, I was sitting on the couch, and decided that it was a good day to replace the lamppost at the Nanepashemet house that blew down in the Blizzard.  ~
~
So by 8:30AM, I was bothering the nice tenants with a lot of noise digging out the old post and planning the project.   The  lamppost was rotted and the lantern fixture was pretty banged up, so there was no salvage.
~
After checking with two HOME Depots, there was no stock lamppost to be found, so I grabbed a leftover 4x4 from the Tommy O deck, notched that for the wire and trimmed it with some 1x6 pressure treated stock that I bought along with a new fixture.
~
Jim Bob Peabody lent a hand snaking the wire, and Tommy O brought over his post level.   The result is this classically understated and custom crafted lamppost at 32 Beverly Ave. .... All done in one day.... MOAM style.

 
I get by with a little help from my Friends.

No comments: