for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Thursday, April 25, 2013

Balance Sheet Dashboard

Peeps...
I don't know if they if they teach this to you in Business School, but lately at NanepashemetTelecom, I have developed the habit of updating the Balance Sheet every morning, and staring at it for a while.
~
What can I do to increase receivables?
What can I do to reduce payables?
How can I chunk down the debt?
What are the Bank Balances?
How much cash do I need?
What can I invest in?
Who can I pay?
~
The whole exercise probably takes about 30 minutes, and it shapes the actions that I take throughout the entire day.
~
Granted, Nanepashemet is a small enough company so that I can get my hands around accurate information fairly easily in a short time, but using your balance sheet as your dashboard has proven to be a great way to prioritze and focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus