Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Scan' em and Chuck 'em

Peeps...
I've come to the realization that I hardly ever look at paper records.  It's just too much bother to open file cabinets and search for something that you filed 9 months ago if at all.
~
And the Mail comes in every day and piles up on your desk.  If you don't process it, it becomes a project in and of itself.
~
But for the past few weeks, I've been opening everything as soon as it comes, scanning the keeper stuff and throwing everything away. No paper files.  it is all electronically stored on my computer and backup memory sticks.
~
 Nothing piles up, everything is processed immediately.  No envelopes sit ominously on my desk with me perilously avoiding opening them.
~
It is the way to go Peeps.   I am a liberated Mountain of a Man.  If I need anything, I just do a search on my computer and the record is right in front of me without even bending over at the file cabinet.
~
Plus, I don't fear any boogie men in the pile of unopened mail, because nothing is unopened.
~
Now my goal is to go into the file cabinets and purge all of the paper records that I have accumulated over the years, but never look at.
~
Scan' em and Chuck 'em

No comments: