Friday, April 01, 2011

Getting Older

It was a nice birthday party for Joanne at the BYC with Harvey and Lisa Rowe and Maria Rowen.
~
Always good conversation, insight and laughs with this group.
~
At our age, birthdays seem to come pretty fast.  We've been cruising through the fifties in record speed.  But screw. it... it is what it is.  You can't do anything about getting older.  I used to think that people in their fifties were old, but now I'm way down that road, and I really don't feel that way.
~
Sure.. I can't do some things that I used to do... namely run and play basketball.    But I'm certain that I think and reason better and my short term strength is as good or better than it ever was. 
~
So far, no memory loss or anything like that.  And I'm a much better woodworker and boatbuilder  now.

No comments: