Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Facebook Assholes

Facebook is such a double edged sword.
~
On the one hand, I've reconnected with some people who really interest me, and it's nice to see how they have grown and prospered.
~
On the other hand, I keep running into people who I thought were assholes before, and every time I see them post, I remember what douche bags they were and how they annoyed me.   There is one guy from my old neighborhood in particular who was a real untrustworthy backstabber.... one of those me-first,  lying, bastards who didn't give a shit about other people.
~
Now he is a Christian minister in the MidWest, praising Jesus, and raising money for his ministry.  I defriended him because the dichotomy seemed so hypocritical.  Everytime I see his now bald head and read his pious posts on FB, I get a nauseous grip in my stomach.
 ~
Really don't need to renew these emotions.  They were nice and buried in a dusty spot in my mind, and now, here they emerge fresh and lively as if the years had never passed.
~
I like to think that I have changed since my adolescent, formative years.   And the douche bags undoubtedly have changed as well.  I should give them the benefit of the doubt .... but I bet they're still assholes.

No comments: