Thursday, September 09, 2010

Weight Loss Trend

In response to the incessant inquiries regarding my weight loss program.... I'm now on day 35 of my specialized low carb, but have a beer once in awhile regimen, and have been losing weight averaging a little less than 1/2 a pound a day.
~
I cheated outright only once when I had some spaghetti and meatballs with the GrandKids.
~
It's important to weigh yourself and record the data every day, and I've constructed a chart in Excel which shows the fluctuations.   Rather than a steady weight loss, it seems like there is a five pound range that decreases as a whole about a 1/2 pound per day.   So I vary up and down over this loss trendline either 2.5 lbs above or 2.5 lbs. below.
~
It's no use being depressed when you are at the top of the range or elated when at the bottom.  The daily weight is not the indication.... the average trendline is.
~
Exercise is crucial in addition to the carb intake.   I've had some very active weekends working on property maintenance projects that have taken the place of sessions on the Cybex, but have lacked the consistency of exercise that could make a much greater pace.
~
But the key is patience.   It took a while for me to become "Big Guy" (aka "Fat Shit").  Can't expect to get back into shape right away.   What has taken a gradual thirty years to attain can't be turned around in a month.
~
But my current trend indicates that it can be turned around in about five months.  And I'm only a little over the first month in.

No comments: