for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wild Urban Turkeys

Those who follow this pathetic Blog know that I get a big kick out of the birds that show up on my Bird Feeder.
~
Naturally, a lot of the seeds fall to the ground below, and this morning I saw this turkey with her four chicks foraging there.
~
Pretty cool since we live in a completely urban area on a small 5,000 sf lot that is fenced in on three sides.
~
The comeback that turkey's have made is really impressive.  They were so rare in my childhood that I never expected to glimpse one in the wild.... let alone my urban back yard.

Jim L. said... 
And, Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. 

1 comment:

  1. Jim L.7:16 PM

    And, Thanksgiving will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus