Monday, June 25, 2007

Afflicted

I know that most of you envision me as a vigorous, mountain of a man, oblivious to the physical frailties that plague the majority of lesser men.
~
Not So!!!
~
Even I can be stricken by the afflictions that plague common people.
~
Today the problem is the freaking Gout in my right foot, specifically the outside joint of my big toe.
~
I could feel it coming on up in Burlington at the Wedding, but I viewed it as a byproduct of my aggressive dance moves. Luckily, I packed my Allopurinol and a green pain killer just in case the Gout made an appearance.
~
So I'm thinking that the pain will soon fade into light headed euphoria.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like small change compared to the regular cricks I get in my knee. We was playing Alabamy, see, their junior varsity team, and behind by 3 going into the 4th quarter. Mud thicker than a raccoons fur at Candlemas. Anyhoo, I was sprung over the left side, a chuggin and a churnin' slower than molasses in winter, when this no good so and so hits me from the side, and I saw lighting as he struck my knee, that being right before I fumbled and essentially lost the game fer us. But like I was saying, I drove an 18 wheeler across the US once, . . .