for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Saturday, September 13, 2014

Splitting Granite

Did a lot of work on the secret project today,  it is coming along nicely but very labor intensive.  When it is done, I may or may not disclose it.

One thing I will tell you is that I have mastered the technique of splitting stone using wedge and feathers.   Before, I didn't drill the holes close enough or deep enough.     The 1/2" holes have to be drilled at least three inches deep and three inches apart.

Once I corrected this, the strongest granite boulders cracked and split after a few pings with a hammer on the wedges inserted in the feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus