Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Passing Year

2010 is drawing to a close.  It's December already.  Seems like it went by fast in some ways and unbelievably slow in others.  Time is indeed relative.
~
Are we hurtling towards the Mayan End of Days?  Maybe.   If you surf the nerd channels on cable like I do, it seems like an asteroid, mother earthquake or mega tsunami is just around the corner.
~
I've got my contingency plans in place.... the primary one being to hop into my dinghy parked on a trailer in my driveway, put my head down through my legs, and kiss my ass goodbye.
~
Maybe I'll take a few bottles of Lagavulin into the dinghy.  Certainly couldn't hurt as we are all swept into oblivion.
~
Actually, I kind of doubt that the Mayans have it right.  I feel that we will all have to live out the duration of our lives, without some grand Apocalypse speeding everybody's demise in one huge crescendo.
~
Which is fine by me.   It would be a lot less dramatic.

No comments: