Sunday, November 09, 2008

Dory Progress



Lately, a lot of you Peeps have been asking me how the Dory is coming along. Do you think that I don't sense the sarcasm and ridicule in this annoying question?
~
You obviously know that I have neglected the Dory project, yet you persist in asking me about it's progress!
~
A lesser man would undoubtably burst a gasket and shower you with obscenities, but you have pitted yourself against my superior discipline and self control.
~
The fact is that all of my projects are ultimately geared to construction of the Marblehead Gunning Dory. First I have to fit out the basement so Mike will have a place to entertain when he ventures to Marblehead from South Boston. Then I have to make a series of tool boxes to organize my growing tool collection. And I'm thinking or seriously milling some birch logs into bench posts for a workbench that I have been contemplating for some time now.
~
Also, this period of inactivity has given me the perspective to make the dory into a dedicated inshore lobster boat with a primary outboard power option and space to transport traps and bait. The Red Riser Davit Pulley System will be incorporated into this design as well as the Honda 9 HP Four Stroke.
~
Plus, I've been grabbing ideas from my Brother Boatbuilders on the Web.
~
So I really haven't been neglecting the Dory. It's just been mental progress rather than physical.

No comments: