Monday, October 17, 2016

Insults and Ass Kicking

Peeps.....
The election for POTUS this year is one of the nastiest in this MOAM's memory.  It just seems like both sides envision the victory of the candidate that they oppose as a dive into wholesale oblivion.

Of course, this isn't so.

Our Founding Fathers designed a system of government that causes gridlock.... and the inability of any change by any one faction to be efficiently foisted onto the masses.  It has caused an amazingly frustrating but stable system.   Change is a bulky and clumsy process in this system of checks and balances, and only occurs after much realignment and iteration.

So as Disgusting as Hillary is, or as Obnoxious as Donald is.... neither will have the ability to ride roughshod over our laws and institutions.

Foreign policy is a different matter.  The President has the ability to act swiftly in matters of national defense, but that doesn't necessary effect our daily way of life.

So people shouldn't be afraid of the electoral outcome.

Being aggravated, however is a different matter.

Your MOAM has declared his intention to vote for Donald Trump.  As such, many cyberfriends note that I must be a Republican, even though I maintain a standing as an unenrolled Independent.  But I would be disingenuous to act as though I didn't favor the Republican Conservative view and hardly ever side with Democrats.

I also tend to engage and debate those who like to call Republicans "Racists".   This a a MOAM pet peeve, because history distinctly points out that Democrats were the proponents of slavery, Jim Crow, the establishment of the KKK, and consistently voting against the landmark civil rights legislation. Thank you Senator Robert Byrd.  I don't call Democrats "Racist".  I just don't like it when they are so oblivious to the historical stance of their party, and then try to deny the fact and glibly paste the label on their opponents.  Of course, they deny this, change the subject and call me names.

As such, I have been accused of being a Hater, Insane, Uneducated and exhorted to Crawl Back into the Cave where I came from when the election is over.  I have been blocked and defriended in Facebook, and I have even had people decry their relatives who have not thrown me out with the morning dishwater.

Peeps.... Your MOAM was born and brought up in Lynn, Massachusetts.  That may mean nothing to you, but to Lynners like me.... it says it all.   Verbal abuse runs off Lynners easier than "Hi. How are Ya."  Doesn't matter if you graduated from Lynn English, Lynn Classical, Tech or St. Mary's.  But that's for another post.

So when a high minded outraged Libbie decides to call me names..... it is "Bring It ON" time.

For the record, I have paid a shitload of tuition and ended up with degrees from UMASS, BU and a number of professional certifications such as PMP.

I don't live in a Cave and own a couple of houses.... although living in a Cave might be cool.

I am a Lover, not a Hater.  Have real non-cyber friends of diverse races, religions and places of national origin.

Insane?   ..... well not by legal standards anyway,

Unfortunately, I do get a bit of sick enjoyment out of these exchanges.... does that make me a bad person?   Probably to some.

In three weeks. we will have a new asshole President.  That I can predict with the utmost certainty.  I personally prefer the obnoxious ego maniac Trump over the Racketeer Corrupt Clinton... But that's just me.   Over the short haul, neither will have the unfettered ability to do much.  And over the long haul.... like the outcome of Supreme Court Appointees.... well that's my grandkids problems.

But if H gets in, and that is my current assumption, Libs shouldn't be thinking that I'll have my tail between my legs.  Give the MOAM shit and he'll kick your Ass.... figuratively of course....  just like normal Lynners do.

No comments: