Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 full cup pecan halves
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
for the crust
for the filling
- Using a pastry blender, combine flour, brown sugar and cubed better until it resembles a cornmeal (this can also be done in a food processor.)
- Press crust mixture into an ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, beat together eggs, syrup, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and melted butter. Stir in pecans.
- Remove crust from oven and spread chocolate chips evenly over warm crust. Spread filling over chocolate chips.
- Cover with foil and return to oven. Bake for 15 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
recipe source ChocolateChocolateandmore.com