Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Evidence and Balls

So last night, I'm cruising along on Facebook.... you know.... the usual attempt to amuse and annoy.... in no particular order.
~
I post a thread about Vanna White from Wheel of Fortune, who after Sarah Palin, is one of my favorite Hotties.  Then, I comment on a thread that a FB Friend of mine put up about the Public Broadcasting System, and how disingenuous they can be.
~
It was an enjoyable way to pass a Tuesday evening.
~
In the past year, I have blocked two people on Facebook.  They both decided to get personal and make false accusations about me.... and life is too short to put up with that crap.... so I decided to use the option that Facebook has which is the ability to block any posts from them, and deny them access to yours.
~
No harm, no foul.... and no more aggravation.,,,, so it was a fine solution for me.
~
Over the course of the year, I would notice that some posts from old friends had comments that seemed out of context, and I ascertained that one of the Blocked parties was in the discussion.  Who gives a shit... right?
~
But then, in the middle of the thread tonight,  I get a post that says I'm missing the good stuff, and that I should kiss and make up with one of my antagonists.    Fair enough.... I like the guy who made the suggestion, so I unblocked the former offending party.
~
Immediately his posts show up in the thread saying that he notices that I must be participating in the thread, because he can't see all of the entries and that it was funny that I blocked him, and that I was a "Blowhard" and a "Coward".
~
So I call him out and tell him that he was hurting my feelings.
~
Let's face it Peeps.... he was dead on that I am a "Blowhard".....  but I'm no "Coward" and have plenty of life's lumps to back that up.
~
But everyone is entitled to their opinion.
~
He posts that he has shamed me to unblock him.... so I glibly reply that he should be careful, or that I would have to give him another "time out".

I've known this guy since high school... never really gave him much thought.... most of my recollection is that he seemed to be a nice guy..... showed a weird mean streak once.... but everyone is an idiot in high school, so WTF.
~
So Guess what... the guy who calls me a "Coward" because I blocked him..... immediately Blocks me.   His posts in the thread disappear.
~
 Damn....
~
You do the math, Peeps.  If that is his belief, then Logic would dictate that he now has to paste the label on himself.
~
In the years I've been on Facebook. I've never gotten personal......never called people names..... and I didn't tonight either.   Course you have to make the exception for public figures like Chief Spreading Bull, our despicable lying US Senator Liz Warren, but public figures are fair game.
~
Here I go again... being a "Blowhard".
~
But don't ever call me a "Coward", unless you have the Evidence and the Balls to back it up.


























No comments: