Monday, October 14, 2013

Remarkable Day in Boston Sports

It was a tough day to work today after two jolts of emotion last night.  
~
First, the Patriots' Tom Brady showed again why he is arguably the best quarterback in football with a last minute touchdown drive against thepreviously undefeated New Orleans Saints. He just finds a way to win.... it doesn't matter who surrounds him.
~
Then, David Ortiz hit a Grand Slam in the 8th inning of the American League Championship Series with Detrroit. 
~
I did feel a little weird jumping out of my chair and cheering wildly by myself at 11:00 PM on a Sunday night... and quite a bit drowsy as I hit the bricks on the job the next day.  I couldn't sleep after that, and ended up watching the latest episode of  "Broadwalk Empire" until 1:00 AM in the morning.
~
It's cool to be a sports fan in Boston.

No comments: