for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 6 of the Streak

I feel like I've created a Monster. MOAM Style.
~
Last Monday, maybe to take the pressure off of the Nanepashemet Telecom pace, and maybe because I was impressed by the biking of my old friend, Jim Lundgren, I went for a 2 mile jog, that was definitely more waddle than jog.   Naturally I noted the event in Facebook.
~
And I repeated this for the next four days, creating a streak.
~
The remarkable thing here is that I haven't hurt myself.   Normally over the years, I've been injured in these comeback attempts because I would tend to push or extend the mileage, then I would throw out my back or something.  
~
But the great thing here is that I feel just like I did when I first started a cross country season in school... real sore and with blisters on my heals.   This is attributed to taking things nice and slow.... accepting the fact that I look like an out of shape blob waddling down the road and not trying to relive past glories.
~
Posting the streak of workouts in Facebook has created a whole new dynamic.  It's a great incentive to continue and hopefully create a habit of getting out and sweating off 500 calories or so every day.  Putting yourself out there is a risk of greater embarrassment by breaking the Streak in front of my FB Friends.
~
Today is Day 6 of the streak.... a little Saturday yardwork, then a run before getting ready for Kelsey O'Shea's graduation cookout.  If I can keep this up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus