Monday, June 17, 2013

Features of Fieldstone

This weekend, I got out into the yard and moved all of the stone that the developer across the street left in the side of my driveway a couple years ago.   Every stone was placed in the planter walls at the Stramski Way side of the property.
~
Peeps.... I am one sore, advanced -middle-edged, pudgy, white, Irish- American Buckaroo.  I mean, sore... as in my arms, thighs, back, knees, stomach, buttocks, etc. are all screaming for mercy.
~
Rolling, lifting, shifting and placing fieldstone is something that this Mountain of a Man will not be looking to specialize in.   You won't see stonemason on this MOAM resume.
~
Sure, the wall came out handsome as hell, but that is beside the point.
~
My hats are off to the colonial farmers who placed all of those fieldstone walls throughout New England.  They must have been tough sons-a-bitches.

No comments: