for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Repetition is the Path to Mastery

Peeps....

"Repetition is the Path to Mastery."

It's estimated that you must invest 10,000 hours into a skill or subject matter before you can gain true expertise.

That's five work years.

So I can't yet play the banjo like Earl Scruggs.
And my guitar skills are far less than  Stevie Ray Vaughn's.
I'm woeful as a CAD designer, and my woodworking is dwarfed by Tage Frid.

Lots more hours to go, and this middle aged Mountain of a Man is running out of unlimited time. 

But someday, I hope to be sitting on a stool that I designed and built and amaze some of my closest Peeps with a stunning rendition of "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" followed  by a kick ass version of "Pride and Joy".

That will be quite a few hours from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus