Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Year's Resolution - 2013

So many of you Peeps have been nagging me to disclose my New Year's resolutions.
~
I can tell you that one of my key resolutions is to be more patient with your foibles and annoying requests.  So I'm not as irritated with your pesky probings as I normally would be.
~
I guess I could wait until Tues. to lay out my 2013 resolutions, but I have them all in tow right now, so I might as well drop some heavy duty, Mountain of a Man, Wisdom on you in this posting.
~
Simply stated, I'd like to dedicate the entire year of 2013 to a singular effort.   To take each moment in it's present, without judgement.

That means, I will strive not to label everything that happens with a past experience.  Nor will I define the present based upon the concerns of what might happen in the future.
~
If the present moment suggests action, I will move forward.  If it suggests restraint, I will hold back.  Both with the faith that the present circumstance is the cosmic best of all possible outcomes. 
~
The Sages tell us that perfect joy is the natural order of things, and the harmony of joy rests in the present moment.  
~
So my resolution is to stay focused on the present, and trust that the present will provide harmony, joy and abundance amid a chaotic and constantly changing world.
~
This doesn't mean that you'll see me sitting around with a sappy smile on my face all day.   It means that I won't be chastising myself when I am angry, or lazy, or stupid.  I will be accepting those states as the natural reaction to the present without judgement.
~
If this doesn't work out, I can always revert to my normal cantankerous, abrasive self in 2014.

No comments: