for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Saturday, June 02, 2012

Taking a Run

If you happened to be driving on Beacon Street in Marblehead this morning, and saw a slightly rotund, soaked to the bone, middle aged guy doing a jogging imitation... that was me.
~
Thanks for not running me over  and putting me out of my misery.  Or maybe not.
~
The photo to the right is a pretty good rendition of what the rainy path ahead looked like without my glasses on.
~
There is an iPhone app called IMapMyRun which turns a simple jog into a tome of graphics and statistics.  It verbally calls out your mile times and instantly uploads photos like this onto the web. Then it converts your loop into a 3D video.
~
But I need the App that trims 60 lbs or so off of a lazy middle aged couch potato with little or no effort or pain... and little or no running.
~
Because the running part is the hard part.  At any rate, usually I blow out my knee when I try to start running again, but the knee felt ok with a knee strap support.  So maybe we'll take a run at this effort again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus