for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Thursday, June 07, 2012

Creole Translation

Back to New Haven this morning.
~
I'll be cutting through Hartford to pick up my favorite Radio Frequency Engineer, Frantz Pierre.
~
Frantz is a Haitian who spends a lot of the time during the commute on his cell phone speaking in Creole to his wife.  Every once in a while, he throws in a French or English phrase.
~
Basically, I speak English and can piece together French, so it's the Creole part that has me wondering what the hell he is talking about.
~
As far as I can see, he's not dissing me or my driving.... unless I consult my Creole to English Dictionary, it's impossible to verify.  But,  I try to always be on my best behavior with Frantz, because I'm not sure whether he practices Voodoo and I don't want to find out.  Although that RF stuff basically is Voodoo.
~
At any rate, we'll be surveying a couple sites and then meeting with an important Landlord, then returning to Boston just in time to sample the evening commuting traffic.
~
You never work a day if you love your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus