for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Friday, March 30, 2012

Lottery Winnings

$630M at stake tonight in the Mega Millions National Lottery.
~
That's over $315M in lump sum after taxes.
~
I bought two tickets and am feeling pretty good about it.
~
If I win, I promise I'll do good things with the money.  I mean.. the first $315M goes to fund the government... so that's a good thing right off of the bat.  Right???
~
And if I gave $1M to some random Peep, that poor bastard would owe the government about $500k right away.   Do you see a pattern forming?
~
If I gave it all away to you, the gift tax would reduce it to $160M in your pocket.  And it you went crazy, and gave it to some other pathetic soul, that guy gets $80M after takes.  So going through three sets of hands, $630M would be reduced to $80M to the third receiver, with the government getting $550 Million.
~
That's why, if I win, I'm going to keep the $300 million after taxes.... All of it.
~
With everything over $300M I'll be partying, taking some trips,buying some toys,  and having a good time.  That's when you phoney bastards should stay close, because I'll be dishing out more cash than Michael Jackson in a kiddie park.
~
After that binge, I'll  invest the rest in conservative securities.
~
2% return on $300M is $6 million a year.  Course, I'd be giving $3M back to the government every year, but with the $3M left over,  I'll find a way to get by..... maybe pay your mortgage and give your kids an education trust fund.... but don't be asking, or you get nothing.
~
When I die, the Government will get another chunk in inheritance taxes.
~
Winning the Lottery can be damn depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus