Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Smoking Habit

I don't smoke.
~
I can tolerate cigar smoke, but can't stand cigarette smoke.  I wish I could because it would help me tolerate certain circumstances, but I am very uncomfortable around anyone smoking.
~
So if you are my friend, and you smoke... rest assured that I really like you a lot or I wouldn't put in the effort.   I can't imagine what it must cost daily to maintain this, and I'm sure that the addictive nature of nicotine is mighty hard to deal with.
~
Not only am I abhorrent to the smell, I can't stand to even watch people smoking.  Butts on the ground or in ashtrays are sickening to me.  Can't stand the smell on people and on their clothes and stuff.
~
Over the years, there has been a public crackdown on smoking in restaurants and public places which has made things a lot more tolerable for me.   When I was in college, kids would smoke in class and use the floor to dump their ashes and butts.  Incredibly gross and dirty.  Not very friendly to the environment either.
~
I truly wish that I could tolerate the habit, because it is not going away.


Tuna Lips said.... Feb 17, 2012 07:02 PM
Yer recent pontifikatin' gets some of us wonderin' if you might be goin' gay. Can we get back te buildin' rafts, char grillin' stuff and stickin' it to the man?!

1 comment:

Tuna Lips said...

Yer recent pontifikatin' gets some of us wonderin' if you might be goin' gay. Can we get back te buildin' rafts, char grillin' stuff and stickin' it to the man?!