Saturday, January 21, 2012

Health Club

I went to the Health Club this morning.
~
The place has been seriously misnamed.   It really should be the Club of Pain.  After some torturous sweating on the stationary bike, I wandered through the machine room, sat on one and moved some levers that somehow had weights attached to them.
~
Then I got on this machine that let you do pull ups and dips while standing on some off setting metal plates.
~
There were a number of friendly people who looked extremely toned, and I tried my best not to make eye contact.  I got the distinct impression that they had no idea that they were in the presence of a Mountain of a Man.
~
The locker room and showers was my favorite part.  The Club had this shower head that offered a number of alternatives to get yourself really clean and I took full advantage.
~
Feeling a little sore now.  Maybe I'll go back tomorrow.

Doug said...Jan 22, 2012 05:25 AM
Really? I'm the only one who is going to write this?? MOAM, you're lucky to have me.
The next time you go to the health club, do not (I repeat, do NOT)say that the locker room and the showers were your favorite part. Regardless of context.
You are welcome.

I'm not quite sure what you are driving at Waterman.   But I agree that I'm lucky to have you, and I'll heed your advice nonetheless.


Kerry D'Orio   said...Jan 22, 2012 07:43 AM
Whatever you do, do not drop the soap!

2 comments:

Doug said...

Really? I'm the only one who is going to write this?? MOAM, you're lucky to have me.
The next time you go to the health club, do not (I repeat, do NOT)say that the locker room and the showers were your favorite part. Regardless of context.
You are welcome.

Kerry D'Orio said...

Whatever you do, do not drop the soap!