Tuesday, January 03, 2012

CAD Learning Curve

Back to reality Peeps.
~
Heading back to that little place of heaven, New Haven County, to haul stuff around on the flatbed trailer.
~
But I got some great CAD work done yesterday, designing a kitchen concept for one of my favorite Peeps.
~
 I downloaded the Google Sketchup program which is available on line for free, and I'm still in the learning curve, but it is very powerful the way you can design in 3D and then orbit all around your model to see results and make adjustmnents.
~
Sketchup also has an online database of other's models which are unbelieveable time savers. 
~
My general rule for becoming proficient in a sophisticated program is 40 hours of frustration during the learning curve..... trying to make things work and going back and forth to manuals.  I'm only about 5 hours into Sketchup.

No comments: