for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Thursday, December 08, 2011

Crap Shoot

My friend, Will Murray, called yesterday and asked that I attend a zoning hearing at the City of Peabody this evening.
~
Naturally I'll be there.  Will seemed pretty worked up about it. 
~
A big part of my livelyhood is getting permits from various municipalities.  And there is always a lot of anxiety around it, because people you don't know  can really drop a monkey wrench in your path.  But things generally work out the way they're supposed to. 
~
My company has gotten over a hundred permits in the last two years.   And I have been skunked badly once in that time in a little Berkshire hill town... didn't see it coming at all.
~
This one tonight is not business for me... I'm just there to support a friend.  Betting that he beats the odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus