Thursday, December 08, 2011

Crap Shoot

My friend, Will Murray, called yesterday and asked that I attend a zoning hearing at the City of Peabody this evening.
~
Naturally I'll be there.  Will seemed pretty worked up about it. 
~
A big part of my livelyhood is getting permits from various municipalities.  And there is always a lot of anxiety around it, because people you don't know  can really drop a monkey wrench in your path.  But things generally work out the way they're supposed to. 
~
My company has gotten over a hundred permits in the last two years.   And I have been skunked badly once in that time in a little Berkshire hill town... didn't see it coming at all.
~
This one tonight is not business for me... I'm just there to support a friend.  Betting that he beats the odds.

No comments: