for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Friday, October 14, 2011

This is My Turf

Today was the first day that I got back to working out on the Cybex since I sprained my ankle and knee on an ill fated Columbus Day Jog/Walk/DragMyFatAss that ended with Dave Bruett giving me a ride home.  But that's a different story.
~
After the workout today, I walked outside to cool down and noticed that the developer across the street had half a pallet of turf rolls, and it seemed like he was done with the landscaper.  So I wandered over and asked him if I could have the leftover pallet... but found out that he had already given it to the Town Park Dept.
~
A lesser man would have dropped the topic then and there.
~
But we are talking about a Mountain of a Man here.
~
I called Mike Lane, over at Park and Recreation and left a voicemail asking if he was going to use the pallet today, and would he consider giving it to me.
~
About 15 minutes later, Mike called back... had already called the developer and said that he was giving the pallet to me.
~
That's called Mountain of a Man Political Clout and you can't get it overnight.
~
Anyway.... I went to the Swampscott Landscapers place on Danvers Road and ordered 2 cubic yards of loam, then bought a tamp and some grass seed at Home Depot.
~
About 100 sf of the back yard with will be looking nice and grassed by about 11:00 AM tomorrow morning.

dougmaxfield said...

To hell with the town park dept., right? always jumping on free shit while good, honest god-fearing Americans are planting grass seed. Well done, good sir. Well done.

Oh Yeah?  Seed THIS, Waterman.

1 comment:

  1. To hell with the town park dept., right? always jumping on free shit while good, honest god-fearing Americans are planting grass seed. Well done, good sir. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus