Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sign of the Times

I'm thinking about putting one of these cool historical signs on my house.  They look nice on the homes in Old Town, Marblehead.
~
Trouble is, our house is a split level, circa 1960.
~
So I'll have to modify the sign somewhat....  starting with the fish.
~
I won't be going with the Golden Cod.  Our sign will have this cool Bluefish that I bought on Amazon.
~
And I think I'll use a Celtic Font for the lettering, just to tamper a little bit with the old Yankee letters that are on most of the signs.
~
On the whole, the sign will be a contemporary rendition, and hopefully will piss off some of the Townies.

Lauren Rathbone, former POTY said...

I am working on one for my house in Newburyport..new Seaglass Sign product. If it comes out good, I send you a pic.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am working on one for my house in Newburyport..new Seaglass Sign product. If it comes out good, I send you a pic. Lauren Rathbone