Monday, June 13, 2011

The Way and the Light

It's important to respect people's beliefs - religious, political or otherwise.
~
Who the hell really has a lock on the truth anyway?   Everybody sees things in their own way... their separate realities.
~
So it just stands to reason, that when people proselytize, and tell me what to believe, it tends to be a turn off.  Present your facts, and back off.  Don't be telling me that you have a lock hold on true religious beliefs.
~
And while we're at it consider one of my favorite passages in the New Testament, Matthew 6:6 ....."But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."
~
So shut the fuck up.   The more people tell me the way to paradise, the least I want to spend another second of time with them, let alone freaking eternity.


No comments: