for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Thursday, March 03, 2011

Trade Show

There is a lot of pressure on me from industry colleagues to attend the CTIA Wireless Trade Show at the end of this month in Orlando.  
~
When I was with General Dynamics, I would attend regularly and usually got a lot out of it... networking and stuff.   But that was when they picked up the tab.... and there was a bunch of staff to cover for me to be out of pocket for a couple of days.    
~
With Nanepashemet Telecom, none of the above applies.  Plus our focus is almost solely in the Northeast, and the show is national in scope.   So the cost -benefit ratio is a lot higher for Nanepashemet. 
~
It was actually the CTIA that dragged me back into Wireless after I left GD.  When I didn't show up that year, got a lot of contact from people wondering where I was.... and I realized that these relationships could not just be dropped.  I'm glad now that I jumped back in.
~
Maybe I'll show up in Orlando.

TommyO said...


Got to love the Trade Show scene.


I am going to attend the Boston International Seafood Show on 22 MAR. Love this show, lots of samples, cocktails and pretty girls serving up the goods. Oh yeah, not a bad way to meet new prospects and say howdy to our current clients.


TommyO



1 comment:

  1. Got to love the Trade Show scene.
    I am going to attend the Boston International Seafood Show on 22 MAR. Love this show, lots of samples, cocktails and pretty girls serving up the goods. Oh yeah, not a bad way to meet new prospects and say howdy to our current clients.
    TommyO

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus