Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Lottery Plans

Megamillions lottery tonight is coming in at $355M with a cash option of $244M.
~
After taxes, you would be left with about $120M.
~
I don't care.  I only bought 2 tickets for a buck each so I won't be out too much if I lose.   The odds of winning are 176 million to one.
~
I know I shouldn't be too optimistic, but I'm feeling pretty lucky about this one.   And Lord knows... I could use the $120 Million.  Not that I would do anything particularly noble or altruistic with it.
~
Basically, I'd take $100 Million and invest it as conservatively as possible in equities designed to yield 2% per year.   This would generate a gross income of $2M per year.... so that I could pocket $1M after taxes year after year.   The remaining $20M would be the crazy money.
~
The first $10M would go to paying off debts and setting up family trusts.  The Last $10M is all mine baby.  After a long vacation and seeing a lot of the world that I've only read about, I'd use whatever is left to design and build my ocean side New England house and office/workshop, and resume being the Blogging Asshole that you've always known.... bitching about things and banging around with Nanepashemet Telecom.
~
Success or failure will not be that important anymore.... not that it ever was.

No comments: