Tuesday, November 30, 2010

No Heavy Lifting

Lots of feedback on the movie idea.  I'm actually working on plans for the sequel.
~
Other than that, the Sundance house renovation is going the way of most projects... overly optimistic schedules, sabotaged by unforeseen techical mishaps.
~
It's not for lack of trying, as my pain wracked body can attest to.  And I will get to the finish line.... the instatllation of the downstairs carpet... by this Thursday, but not without some huge contingencies.
~
The major issues on the woodwork schedule occurred when the raised panel stile router bit chipped when the router spun out of its router table cradle.   I hadn't locked it down before I turned the router on for a classic idiotic move.    Luckily, the Gilbert and Cole lumber yard in Marblehead had the same Freud bit, but I had to buy the whole raised panel set to get it.   A $150 mistake.
~
That set the workwork completion schedule off.
~
But the biggest mistake was relying on my HVLP paint sprayer to do the priming and paint job.  Naturally, it wouldn't spray latex at any production rate.  So I went to Home Depot and bought a Ryobi sprayer that clained that it would handle latex with no dilution.  An $80 mistake.   The freaking thing is useless and made a huge mess.
~
So the contingency plan is to prime and paint by brush all baseboards that will be in contact with the carpet this Thursday.   Then I'll tape down plastic everywhere, and finish the spackle and paint job.
~
That takes the craziness out of the schedule, plus the need to finish this part of the project slacked off after the kitchen cabinet delivery moved to January 25.
~
That's the new deadline for all of the main living area to be complete, with the hardwood floors being the gating factor.
~
In the meantime, I have to fit in some work at Nanepashemet Telecom, and rent Beverly Ave. 
~
I agree that this is beyond the capacity of the average man, but no heavily lifting for a Mountain of a Man.

No comments: