Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Columbus Day

So it's Columbus Day.
~
Maybe the Vikings got here first. But the Spaniards were the first to make it stick. 
~
Sure the Indians were already here... but they hadn't invented the wheel, didn't have written records for the most part and were vastly inferior technologically, and biologically in terms of reacting to killer microbes.
~
Those of you who know me best, know that I have a mysterious sensitivity to American Indians... hence the name of this Blog.   But I also pride myself on adherence to the truth, regardless of political correctness.
~
For whatever reason, White Europeans have dominated every race that they have encountered.  I'm not saying that this is good or bad.... but I am stating this fact. 
~
After Columbus, Europeans and their microbes virtually eliminated the Native American culture.  In case you are not aware, the Indians were incredibly savage.   Scalping was commonplace and the torture and burning of captives was an accepted practice.  So any initiative to place them on the moral highground is a bit distasteful to me.
~
And the brutality of the White Europeans has been well documented.
~
Happy Columbus Day.

Jim L. said...
It wasn't the microbes as much as those little lead projectiles.


1 comment:

Jim L. said...

It wasn't the microbes as much as those little lead projectiles.