Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Peep Selection Process

Peeps -
Of late, I've been running into some of you who innocently are unaware of the Peep of the Week selection process.   I know that this is insulting and degrading to most of you who place your entire pitiful existance on what goes on in this pathetic Blog.... but it is just simply a fact.
~
So, as part of my unending patience as a Mountain of a Man, I once again ... for the umpteenth freaking time... explain the coveted and sanctified selection criteria.
~
To be a Nanepashemet Peep of the Week, you have to fit the following criteria.
  • Have done something inspirational and/or annoying.
  • Can't be Dead.
  • Can't be an Animal (must be Human).
However, you are automatically a Peep of the Week if you bought me a bottle of Lagavulin (the King of Scotch) that week. (Last week, I got two bottles.) Over the past five years, I've had quite a few "Automatics".
~
If you buy me a case of Lagavulin, you automatically become the Peep of the Year, deposing whoever is the reigning Peep of the Year (POTY). (This has never happened though).
~
Also... a very important point is that you can never ask to be a POTW, and you can never ask why you were named a POTW.
 ~
So it's a fairly straightforward process.   Aren't you sorry you asked?

Jill Phillips said...


So I have a question for you!!!! I just found out that the building I work in has multiple wireless towers on the roof. Is that safe? Don't they give off dangerous levels of radiation? Your expertise and intelligence is appreciated. Thanks Clark!

________________________________________________________
A great question Jill.   All of the existing science says that there is no danger unless you are standing directly in front of a transmitting antenna (which I frequently do... and I'm totally ok).

You have faxes, tv programs, radio, cosmic waves, etc constantly passing though your body, yet people see a cell phone antenna and freak out.   I don't get it.   If cell phones and antennas were bad for you, then you and your friends would undoubtably be dead by now in my opinion based upon your level of calls and texting.

Jim L. said...
I wonder if she has noticed any increase in gang activity on the roof?



2 comments:

Jill Phillips said...

So I have a question for you!!!! I just found out that the building I work in has multiple wireless towers on the roof. Is that safe? Don't they give off dangerous levels of radiation? Your expertise and intelligence is appreciated. Thanks Clark!

Jim L. said...

I wonder if she has noticed any increase in gang activity on the roof?