Sunday, August 22, 2010

No Carb Loophole

My no carb diet has been going fairly well... but I've been in denial.   I've stayed away from Carbs in food, but have run fast and loose with carbs in liquids.
~
So Sam Adams, Dark and Stormies, Tangeray and Tonic have all been very much in the daily diet.  
~
This is not good... but it is much easier to avoid food in a social situation for me than to avoid a friendly beer.   And when some special Peeps ask for Dark and Stormies, I haven't had the discipline to push away a glass of the coveted Nanepashemet Summer Cocktail.
~
It seems like I'm falling off of the pace because of these loopholes in the no carb effort.  Even cranberry juice has more carbohydrates that I'm supposed to consume.
~
So I'll stock up on soda water, Fresca, and Diet Coke and see if I can rev this program into high gear for awhile.   Although, I won't swear off a sip of Lagavulin from time to time.

Jim L. said...


This doesn't seem to bode well for another evening of Sam's and good conversation.

_______________________________________________________________________
Exceptions will be made.... Jim.

1 comment:

Jim L. said...

This doesn't seem to bode well for another evening of Sam's and good conversation.