for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Bright Outlook

Sometimes you wake up, and it just feels like you are going to have a good day.
~
Positive visualization is so important.  I continue to harbor the potentially perverse belief that everything happens for a reason, everything occurs for the greater and ultimate good, and that the normal state of being for human beings is a state of pure joy.
~
That philosophy tends to piss off people who perceive their lives as fraught with sadness and difficulties.   But if I made a list of all of the bad shit that has happened to me in this life, I'd probably start each day by crawling into a ball, sucking my thumb and rocking back and forth.
~
On the other hand, I can look at all of the bullshit that I have endured and can assign a very positive outcome that is a direct result of the adversity.
~
Sure I'm not Donald Trump, which was my goal in my thirties, but I've been exposed to a lot of wealthy people since then, and wouldn't trade my life for theirs for a second.   And there has been some toxic relationships, but without which, some of our greatest relationships wouldn't have materialized.
~
If you look at negative situations as the pathway to a greater alliance with your natural state of pure joy, then your outlook can really change.
~
Like I said, I have a feeling that today is going to be a really good day.

Sue Sue  Raiche said...

It was a great day 37 years ago and will be today.
Happy Anniversary to you and Joanne.

Jim L. said...
It's probably a good thing your goals changed from 30 years ago. That hair wouldn't look any better on you.

Tuna Lips said...

Soundin' like a gay, no erfence meant to the missus, Man up, boy!






3 comments:

  1. It was a great day 37 years ago and will be today.
    Happy Anniversary to you and Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim L.7:16 PM

    It's probably a good thing your goals changed from 30 years ago. That hair wouldn't look any better on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tuna Lips8:43 PM

    Soundin' like a gay, no erfence meant to the missus, Man up, boy!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus