for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shelving Update

Both shleving units were finished by 4:15PM today and by 5 O'clock I had finished a refreshing Guinness and was mixing a Classic Winter Cocktail.
~
The key to the successful completion was a big break that I caught at Home Depot, when a guy with a thick accent asked me if I needed any help with the plywood.   I had just seen him aiding a customer with a cut at the panel saw, so I asked him if he could cut 4 panels into thirds at 16 inches a piece.  He said sure and then noticed that I was pulling plywood from the $33 pile and that the $25 stock was just as good.  Man... this guy saved me big time so I gave him the last ten dollar bill that I had as a tip.  He almost didn't take it.  
~
I asked him where he was from, and he said he came here from Sudan, 8 years ago.   What a great guy.
~
Then when I was struggling to get the plywood into the truck, an old guy who said he was a lobsterman from Nahant gave me a hand.
~
These two guys made a huge difference.  I didn't have to drag out my table saw and wrestle with ripping the plywood to size.  It was already done by the time I got back from Home Depot.
~
The only drawback was that they didn't have any Kreg System Screws.  This jig system is a huge time saver to make strong butt joints, so I called Gilbert and Cole in Marbleheadto see if they had the screws and picked up two boxes there.   Exactly the amount of screws that I ended up using.
~
So here I am.... finishing the first of a couple or three Classic Winter Cocktails, having completed a very functional shelving system for Nanepashemet Telecom.   Hope you had a good day too.

Tuna Lips said...

Hire yerself some Mexicans and git strait to the drinkin'. Jeez ahmighty, does I has to do everything round here?

1 comment:

  1. Tuna Lips5:49 PM

    Hire yerself some Mexicans and git strait to the drinkin'. Jeez ahmighty, does I has to do everything round here?

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus