Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sunday Setting

With the good weather this Sunday, it's time to get the Herreshoff Columbia Tender ready for the season. This year, I resolve to row that sucker at least a couple of times a week.
~
Getting the Tender ready will entail removal of the Piantedosi sliding sculling seat, power washing the interior, sanding the worn spots and hitting the whole boat with a couple coats of Epifanes Marine Varnish. While I'm at it, I'll sand the Shaw and Tenney inspired oars that I made a couple of years ago, and hit them with a couple coats of varnish.
~
After that, its a 220 sanding on Mike's coffee table, then the second coat of Epifanes.
~
Plus I promised Joanne that I would cut the doors to her bedroom closet so that they can open and close freely.
~
Hope I have time for the doors.

2 comments:

Pisc said...

Of course, you could just row the boat, and not do all this "prep" work. Considering you built it so well with so many coats of this and that, why the spring tune up?

Get it in the water. You miss 100% of the fish you cast for. Time is wasting

Correction said...

That is 100% of the fish you DON'T cast for (ala Wayne Gretzky's thinking that you miss 100% of the shots you don't take).