Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Shift to Adirondack

Mike's Coffee Table is now living where it was designed for.... in Mike's South Boston Condo in a renovated brick foundry. He says it looks great, and I can't wait to see it.
~
While building his table, I had hoped to get some work done simultaneously on my Workbench project, but that fell by the wayside.
~
Now the demand to build Kate's Adirondack chair looms forth with her condo passing due tomorrow. I want this to be a unique piece with some tenon and mortise joinery that is not common in this type of piece, and have modified my original plans to match a design that I downloaded from SketchUp.
~
The first step will be to make some patterns for reproduction of all of the parts, because I think a lot of the Peeps will want one of these chairs when I get Kate's done. Joanne is already talking about getting two of them.
~
I have a feeling that the Workbench will be back burnered.... and I wanted to get that done before resuming work on the Marblehead Gunning Dory. Conservatively, the Dory probably gets started in mid-summer.

No comments: