Saturday, April 18, 2009

POTW Week 15

Today was a great driveway day. Made the measured tenon cuts for Mike's coffee table with my new Grizzly Tablesaw Tenon jig. It's not the best piece of equipment that I've ever bought, but I eventually figured it out and got the job done.
~
Mike's coffee table top was refinished and I like the bottom side a little better. All in all, I'm dissapointed in the fir slab and actually considered another top. But it should fit well in Mike's new condo in South Boston, which is in a renovated foundry building with exposed brick walls and high concrete ceilings.
~
The fir slab has the mass to fit the surroundings.
~
I'm using the same base design for both Mike's coffee table and my Workbench.... mortised and tenoned, glued up 4x4 mahogany legs and 2x4 mahogany stretchers.
~
Announcing....
Nanepashemet Peeps of the Week for the 15th week of 2009

Martha Stewart
Patrick Piscatelli
Courtney Jellison Nestor
Perry Dinatale
Tommy O'Shea
Danny Ainge

Tomorrow, I use the new Jet mortising machine to cut the mortises.

No comments: