Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Condo Coffee Table

I dry fitted Mike's Coffee Table base to the top today, and to my amazement, it was the freaking balls.
~
The proportions fit very well and the contrasting fir and mahogany looked fine.
~
I was shocked because I had been pretty down on it. You can judge for yourself by the pictures to follow.
~
By the weekend, I'll get the final sanding in and fasten the top to the base. Then the spray coats of Epifanies Marine Varnish will begin.... at least seven thin coats. With the proper sanding between coats, and cure time, this will take about 1 1/2 weeks.
~
It will fit great in Mike's new South Boston Condo.

Tuna Lips said...

Ise dry humps my coffee table when the spirit grabs me. Good fer you, dry fittin' indeed.

1 comment:

Tuna Lips said...

Ise dry humps my coffee table when the spirit grabs me. Good fer you, dry fittin' indeed.