Monday, February 02, 2009

Taxes Again

I hate Tax Season.
~
It reminds me that we are not close to being free in this country. We are lulled to sleep and let the government confiscate a huge amount of our productivity. By far, my largest anxiety is the power of the IRS to swoop in, pronounce you guilty, confiscate your bank accounts and leave you in a hapless state to try to defend yourself after you have been pillaged.
~
If you think I'm exaggerating.... I'm not even a little bit. Been there, and I hope you never will be.
~
So that's my annual tax bitch.
~
In a few weeks, I will have fed the Monster again, and have forgotten about this gross inequity for a little while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

El Jefe:

Its a day late and dollar short, but start planning now for your property tax abatement push for 2010. Lots of hay to be made there. I am currently tangling with the village elders in Hingham.