Thursday, November 06, 2008

POTW Week 43

So I was out at Swan's Island, Maine, 10 miles off the coast of Acadia National Park by Ferry, today, doing a tower survey for General Dynamics and the US Coast Guard.
~
Not a tourist destination.
~
I think that if I ever decide to cash it in and be a recluse, I will head to Swan's Island. No restaurants, one tiny store, no gas stations.... only a ferry landing, a Town Hall, some very scary housing and some high end vacation homes, interspersed with lobster wharfs and boats.

Clearly a place for contemplation. Speaking of deep thinking.....

Announcing....
Nanepashemet Peeps of the Week for the 43th week of 2008

Dexter Lee, Swan's Island Selectman
Murdoch Staples, Swan's Island Chairman of the Planning Board
Sarah Crawford
Eric Johnson
Paul McCauley
Will Murray

Tomorrow, I return to Marblehead, but not before taking a detour through Scarborough, Maine to see my old friend, Bill Shanahan, who is a member of the Planning Board there. I'm thinking that Bill might have some pull with the big Cabelas store that just opened there.

No comments: