Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gerry Dilemma

The Thanksgiving Day weekend is mercifully coming to a close. On balance, it was a tremendous respite with a few irritating occurrences.
~
In general, I ate and drank way too much. Probably with an emphasis on the "drank". Made the mistake of going to the Gerry 5 last night and knocked down many beers that I really didn't need to consume.
~
It's funny.... If I told Joanne on a Saturday night that I was going to the Gerry.... it would be hot tongue and cold shoulder for me. But if her Mikey asks me if I want to go... she is all "Why aren't you going to the Gerry?" Even if I don't really feel like going.
~
I guess it's the inconsistencies of life that keep things interesting.
~
So naturally... the minute I walk into the Gerry, some booze bag misinterprets something I said and tries to call me out. As much as I would have liked to pummel him into oblivion, I avoided the pleasure and talked him down. Getting sued by an inebriated asshole would have been fairly unsavory. Plus, I probably would have been banned by the Gerry. The satisfaction of moving his broken nose to another side of his drunken face just wasn't worth it.
~
Once again... a Mountain of a Man Move!
~
Today I'll start to mill the birch logs that I have hanging around the garage to begin building some oversized workbench legs. But by the end of the day, I'll be revving up Nanepashemet Telecom. Next week is a big week and I want to have all of the cobwebs shaken out before I wake up tomorrow morning.

Tuna Lips said...

I finds myself regurgitating sweet potato pie at the thought of the harm I done to myself this past festivizing period. There are several recitations of criminalizin facts that strike me all too plausible. Damn that Shoo Fly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finds myself regurgitating sweet potato pie at the thought of the harm I done to myself this past festivizing period. There are several recitations of criminalizin facts that strike me all too plausible. Damn that Shoo Fly.