Monday, September 29, 2008

Trap Transaction

I thought that the Hamilton Marine price for lobster traps was ok at $89.00 each. But then I ran into Ketcham in New Bedford with a price of $91.00 delivered. The delivery charge from Hamilton in Rockland, ME was going to run around $50 / trap. So it looked like Ketcham was getting the nod.
~
But then some steely attention to detail revealed that the Ketcham traps were small recreational models and the Hamilton traps were the real deal, 3' commercial. So the pendulum was swinging back to Hamilton.
~
There was no response from Billy Oliver Boats in Cohasset, the source that Chris Crawford had supplied.
~
But as luck would have it, I was in Cohasset this morning for a bid walk and got there early, so I decided to check out Billy Oliver. His boat brokerage office, directly across from Cohasset harbor was empty, but I gave him a call, and he got back to me within the hour with a deal for commercial traps delivered at $65 per trap.
~
How freaking great was that???
~
Billy seems like a real good guy, and if everything works out right, I'll have 10 commercial traps, complete with 60' of line, bait bags, swivels and buoys in my Beverly Ave. driveway sometime this Friday. By that time, Sarah Palin will have kicked Joe Biden's ass in their Thursday night debate, and all will be right with the world.

No comments: