Thursday, September 04, 2008

Peep of the Week - Week 36

I know that a lot of you will paint me with a Republican brush because of my fawning and swooning over Gov. Palin.... but I'm not going to fake my feelings will a sense of false objectivity.
~
After hearing John McCain's acceptance speech, the McCain-Palin ticket overwhelms the Obama-Biden team. I was surprised at the depth of truth and sincerity that came through when I listened to Cindy McCain who backs up her sense of compassion by adopting refugee children from Bangladesh, and who has seen her son go to Iraq.
~
And the story of John McCain is inspiring in the service of he and his family to this country and his independent and maverick approach to politics and policy.
~
Sorry, but I just didn't get the same emotional movement from the Obama's, Kennedy's and the Clinton's that I took from the McCain's, the Guiliani's and the Palin's.
~
I still view myself as an Independent.... as someone who seeks the truth, no matter who utters it. And that would find me as an ardent supporter of McCain and Palin, not necessarily a Republican. It is annoying to be labeled... which segways nicely to the truly important task at hand.

ANNOUNCING.....
Nanepashemet Peeps of the Week for the 36th week of 2008

Jim Nestor
Sarah Palin
Lance Armstrong
Geoghan Coogan
Sammy Khairi
Kenny Daye

Enough of politics. Now I have to concentrate on something truly significant - building the tool shed under my deck so that I can clear the way for a run at the Marblehead Gunning Dory construction.

No comments: